For holiday reading, choose among more than four thousand books available to visitors in the Doonreagan Reading Room, which also doubles as a games room with a pool table, table tennis, chess, backgammon and other board games. Below is a list of books in categories that make them easy to survey and locate. Books not followed by a code are all located in the Reading Room, in clearly labelled bookcases. Books followed by a code are kept in various other places and can be provided by your hosts on request.
The Doonreagan Library
What follows is a selection of books available to read by visitors to Doonreagan. Books have been categorised in ways to make them easy to access and survey. Books not followed by a code are located in the Doonreagan Reading Room, a key to which will be provided by your hosts on request. Books followed by a code are kept in various other places and will be provided by your hosts on request.
- ART / ARCHITECTURE: Click here
- BIOGRAPHY: Click here
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS: Click here
- CRIME FICTION: Click Here
- DRAMA: Click Here
- FICTION: Click Here
- GENERAL: Click Here
- HISTORY / MILITARY HISTORY / HISTORICAL BIOGRAPHY: Click Here
- IRELAND / IRISH HISTORY: Click Here
- LITERATURE / ESSAYS / LETTERS / LITERARY BIOGRAPHY: Click Here
- POETRY: Click Here
- SPORT / TRAVEL / SAILING / THE SEA: Click Here
- THE ANCIENT WORLD: Click Here
Also, on request, the following can be seen:
– an extensive antiquarian collection
– an extensive collection of contemporary fiction in Swedish
– a limited collection of books in French
While every effort has been made for accurate categorisation and representation, we can not guarantee against any unintentional misplacements, omissions or misspellings.